Tonight I’ve ventured back into the kitchen to make dinner!
I was close to just starving in my room because I didn’t want to disturb my flatmates while they cooked, but eventually I went in and got down to it.
On the menu: Garlic Chicken with a candied bacon topped baked sweet potato and a spinach and pomegranate salad…and you only dirty ONE pan!
1 Package cut up chicken (can use a full chicken breast instead)
1-2 Strips of bacon
1 Sweet potato
1 Package pomegranate seeds
1 Handful spinach
Pat of butter
Olive oil (for the pan)
Brown sugar (to candy the bacon and sprinkle in the potato)
Honey (for drizzling)
1. Pour enough oil into pan to coat the bottom with a thin layer
2. Wash potato and scrub it. Then, poke holes in both ends and around the sides to prevent it from exploding.
3. Begin to heat oil. As it heats, massage garlic powder into chicken, then toss it into the hot oil to cook.
4. Once the chicken has cooked through, remove it from the pan and begin to cook the bacon.
5. Place the potato on top of two paper towels and set the microwave timer for eight minutes.
6. As the bacon cooks, sprinkle it with brown sugar to taste.
7. Remove bacon from pan and wash up!
8. When the potato has finished, cut in open lengthwise, and begin to mash up the insides.
9. Add toppings: pat of butter, pinch of brown sugar, crumbled up candied bacon, then a drizzle of honey.
10. Finally, put a handful of spinach on the side, and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top!
Enjoy with a mugful of tea and maybe a few biscuits for afterwards…or more than a few if you’re like me and can’t help yourself!